The mission of the ASDC is to sustain improvement in student learning through a statewide network that promotes exemplary staff development programs and practices.
1) The purpose of staff development is improved student learning.
2) Every staff member is a potential change agent.
3) Change is imperative for growth.
4) District commitment and investment are essential to continued staff, individual, and organizational growth.
5) Research is fundamental to staff development decisions.
6) Professional educators engage in continuous learning.
7) Staff development is the only way to sustain improvement in student learning.
8) Support systems empower educators.
9) Collaboration promotes ownership and commitment.